Spring Compost & Wood Chip Sale
Thursday March 22- Saturday, March 24; 8am-3pm
Wood Recovery and Composting Facility
420 E. 11th Street
Spring Compost & Woodchip Sale Event hosted by the Solid Waste Division. The sale event is at the city’s Wood Recovery and Composting Facility located at 1420 E. 11th Street which is east of 11th and Haskell Avenue, over the railroad tracks. The sale event will be held rain or shine.
Thursday through Saturday, March 22, 23, and 24 from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm each day.
• The city will load trucks and trailers. City cannot load trucks with ladder racks.
• $10 per bucket load, equivalent to two cubic yards. CASH only.
• Self-loading small quantities (small bag, plastic tote, box) free.
• Bring a tarp to secure woodchips in trucks and trailers to prevent littering the roadway.
• Compost and woodchips are not intended for commercial applications, but rather for the citizens of Lawrence.
The City’s compost is made from the weekly curbside collection of residential yard waste, which includes grass, leaves, garden pruning, and small woody waste. Due to the length of the composting process and the biological changes that occur, 99 percent of all chemicals have dissipated prior to public distribution. City staff tests the compost for levels of ammonia and carbon dioxide; tests are also completed for pH and salinity.
The compost and woodchips are not intended for commercial applications, but rather for the citizens of Lawrence. For residential use only. Woodchips may contain Emerald Ash Borer. Transportation within counties quarantined for Emerald Ash Borer is okay. Do not transport woodchips outside of the listed quarantined counties: Atchison, Doniphan, Douglas, Jefferson, Johnson, Leavenworth, and Wyandotte.
For more information on the compost or woodchip sale, please call (785) 832-3030 or email email@example.com. More information is also available at this website: https://lawrenceks.org/swm/lawncompostsale