Summer Band Concert Series
- South Park, 1141 Massachusetts St.
- Wednesdays; Time: 8 p.m.
- Cost – Free and open to public
The Following is the concert schedule and the theme for the evenings music
- May 25 – Summertime in South Park
- June 1 – Downtown Dance Mix
- June 8 – From Stage and Screen
- June 15 – Hands Across the Channel
- June 22 -Sunny Days, Warm Nights
- June 29 – American Vistas
- July 6 – American Salute
- July 13 – Grand Finale
The Lawrence City Band, sponsored by LPRD with assistance from the Rice Foundation, will present this annual concert series at 8 p.m. Wednesdays throughout the summer in front of the William Kelly Bandstand in historic South Park, 1141 Massachusetts St. Free and open to the public. The band is conducted by Paul Popiel.
In the event of inclement weather, the concert will be moved to Lied Center, 1600 Stewart Drive on the University of Kansas campus.
For more information, please contact Duane Peterson, special events supervisor, email@example.com, (785) 832-7940.